According to the scriptures, the importance of Pradosha fast is more than all other fasts. According to the Hindu calendar, this fast is celebrated on Treyodashi of every month. Thus this fast comes two times
(Shukla Paksha and Krishna Paksha) in a month. Lord Vishnu is worshiped in this fast. By keeping this
fast, one gets as much virtuous as giving donation of two cows.
According to the scriptures, doing this fast only one gets the grace of Lord Shiva and even Ma Parvati. By doing this fast, the family always remain healthy. Also, all the wishes are fulfilled. Importance of Pradosh fast is also according to the days of the week.
Different types of Pradosha fast:
• The Pradosha fast coming on Monday is also called Som Pradosham or Chandra Pradosham.
• Pradosha fast coming on Tuesday is called Bhaum Pradosham.
• Pradosha fast coming on Saturday is called Shani Pradosham.
Significance Of Pradosh Vrat on Different Days
According to the scriptures, the advantages of a Triodashi fasting fast on different days are also
different. Only by keeping this fast, all the difficulties can be eradicated.
* Long life and good health benefits can be obtained from Pradosha fast on Sunday.
* Pradosh Vrat on Mondays, fulfill all human desires and keep you healthy.
* Pradosh Vrat On Tuesdays, brings relief from diseases and give health benefits.
* All the wishes of the worshiper are fulfilled, if Pradosha fast is done on Wednesday.
* If there is a Pradosha fasting on Thursday, then your enemies will stay quite.
* Pradosha fasting on Friday is done for the good fortune and happiness of the couple life.
* If you wish to attain child, then Pradosha fasting on Saturdays should be done.
Pradosha fasting method: To perform Pradosh fast, one should wake before sunrise on the day of Treyodashi. Should retire from daily routines and worship Lord Shiva. Diet is not taken in this fast.
After fasting all day, take bath before sunset and wear white clothes. The Mandap should be prepared from the Ganges water and the cow dung. Rangoli should be made with five colors on this mandap. Seat base of kush should be used during worship.
After preparation for worship, Lord Shiva should be worshiped facing the north-east direction. Worshiping should be done chanting Lord Shiva & mantra: ‘Om Namah Shivaay’ . Abhishek with water should be done .
The Vividness of Pradosh fast
According to the scriptures, vividness should be done after keeping this fast for eleven or 26 Treyodashi. The Udyaapan of the fast should be done on the date of the trayodashi. Before Udyaapan, one day before Ganesha is worshiped. Jagaran is done while doing kirtan one night before. Early in the morning, a temple is prepared by decorating the temple with clothes and colors. Havan is done chanting the mantra ‘Om Namah Shivaay 108 times. Kheer is used as ahuti in the havan. After the completion of the Havan, the aarti of Lord Shiva is performed and Shanti Paath is recited. In the end, feed two Brahmins, and donate according to your ability, get blessings from them.